- 2020.07.10: Awarded SMU Presidential Doctoral Fellowship 2020.
- 2020.05.16: Won Top-1 in Kalapa's Credit Scoring Challenge, together with BeU Team.
- 2020.05.04: Teaching assistant for CS608 Recommender Systems (MITB).
- 2019.12.15: Won Top-2 in Emotion Recognition Challenge (ERC 2019) organized by VNU-HCM University of Science, together with Hoang Le.
- 2019.12.09: Together with Hoang Le, we made Top-3 in Zalo AI Challenge 2019 @ Hit Song Prediction.
- 2019.11.30: Gave a talk at VNU-UET, on "Multimodal Review Generation".
- 2019.11.30: FaceInMotion demo at Google DevFest Singapore 2019.
- 2019.08.23: Gave a talk at Preferred.AI TechFest 2019, on "Multimodal Review Generation".
- 2019.08.19: Teaching assistant for IS712 Machine Learning (PhD and Masters).
- 2019.08.15: Awarded Dean's List 2019.
- 2019.07.15: Awarded SMU Presidential Doctoral Fellowship 2019.
- 2019.07.08: Attended SEA MLS 2019 at Universitas Indonesia, Depok, Jakarta.
- 2019.01.27: Attended AAAI'19 in Honolulu, Hawaii.
- 2018.11.21: Passed PhD Qualifying Exam.
- 2018.11.09: Delivered a workshop at NUS High School of Mathematics and Science, together with Prof. Hady W. Lauw, on "Facial Expression Recognition with Neural Networks".
- 2018.09.17: Started serving as an Intel Student Ambassador for Artificial Intelligence.
- 2018.09.06: Won Top-1 in Zalo AI Challenge 2018 @ Landmark Identification.
- 2018.06.09: Delivered a KDD.SG tutorial, together with Prof. Hady W. Lauw, on "Image Classification Using CNNs with Applications to Facial Expression Recognition and Visual Sentiment Analysis".
- 2017.10.24: Attended ACM Multimedia (MM'17) in Silicon Valley.
- 2017.08.15: Joined PhD programme in SMU School of Information Systems.
- 2016.12.03: Received Honda Y-E-S Award.
- 2016.08.01: Started working as a research engineer at SMU.
- 2016.06.30: Graduated from VNU-UET.
Publications (DBLP or Google Scholar)
Cornac: A Comparative Framework for Multimodal Recommender Systems
Reproducibility Companion Paper: Visual Sentiment Analysis for Review Images with
Item-Oriented and User-Oriented CNN
Multimodal Review Generation for Recommender Systems
VistaNet: Visual Aspect Attention Network for Multimodal Sentiment
We observe that the sentiment captured within an image may be affected by three factors: image factor, user factor, and item factor. Essentially, only the first factor had been taken into account by previous works on visual sentiment analysis. Thus, we develop item-oriented and user-oriented Convolutional Neural Networks (CNN) that better capture the interaction of image features with specific expressions of users or items.
An Experimental Investigation of Part-Of-Speech Taggers for Vietnamese
Domain Identification for Intention Posts on Online Social Media
Learning to Filter User Explicit Intents in Online Vietnamese Social Media
Named Entity Recognition for Vietnamese Spoken Texts and Its Application in
Smart Mobile Voice Interaction
- AI Conference Deadlines, Upcoming CS Conferences and Ranking
- Blogs: distill.pub, offconvex.org, r2rt.com, colah.github.io, ruder.io
- Cheat Sheets: AI Cheatsheets, ML Mindmap
- Deep Learning: MILA Reading List, NN Papers, DL Roadmap, Most Cited DL Papers
- Recommender Systems: List of RS, Deep Learning for RS
- TensorFlow Resources: awesome-tensorflow, Effective TensorFlow
- Writing: latex-resources, latex-templates, matplotlib-for-papers
- Random and Fun: learn-anything.xyz, WiseCreator, py-spy, awesome-tmux, awesome-vscode, iTerm2-Color-Schemes, powerline-fonts, lambda-mod-zsh-theme, lanox-vim-theme
Last updated in July 2020.